Pet Portraits and Wildlife Art
by Rhonda Crane
Available for Commissions
Work In Progress
Join my VIP e-mail list to be the first to know when new
artworks are released and receive exclusive offers!
Complete the form below to join my VIP e-mail list.
I will send you a confirmation e-mail shortly.
Canadian Pet Portrait and Wildlife Artist
Oxford County, Ontario, Canada
I’m a Canadian artist living in Oxford County, Ontario. I have always had a passion for making art inspired by the beauty found in nature. I now specialize in creating custom pet portraits and wildlife art commissions for fellow animal lovers.My current price list can be viewed in the prices section. The ordering process is explained in the process section. To place an order, please visit the order section, complete the order form and attach all of the reference photos you would like me to use.A non-refundable 50% deposit is required, with the balance due upon completion. Several in-progress photos are sent to ensure your satisfaction. Free shipping is available within Canada. Online payments are accepted through Interac e-Transfer.
Portraits are available in a variety of art mediums, including:
pen and ink, coloured pencil and pyrography/woodburning.
Pen and Ink
All prices are listed in Canadian dollars and include tax and shipping.
Non-refundable 50% deposit required; balance due upon completion.
Pen and Ink
~your choice of white, grey, tan or black paper~
8" x 10"
9" x 12"
11" x 14"
12" x 16"
~your choice of white, grey or tan paper~
8" x 10"
9" x 12"
11" x 14"
12" x 16"
~your choice of round or rectangular live-edge basswood plaque~
8" x 10"
9" x 12"
11" x 14"
12" x 16"
(natural variations in size, shape, colour and markings are to be expected)
Thank you to all of my wonderful commission clients!
Your friendship and support mean the world to me.
"I just wanted to thank you for the portrait you did of Rambo, a birthday gift for my sister-in-law. We both cannot believe how realistic and beautiful the portrait turned out. You are an amazing artist."
- Rita"I can't believe she captured Paco so well. She is so talented!"
- Diane"I’ve known Rhonda for years; I always knew she had an artistic talent. When my beloved dog suddenly passed away, Rhonda knew I was heartbroken. A few weeks passed and Rhonda gifted me with a truly lifelike drawing of my Kora. I will never forget that day. The detail in her drawing is amazing. This woman deserves to be doing what she loves to do, and has been gifted to do. She’s an amazing talent."
- Tisa"Rhonda was able to take an idea for our baby's nursery and turn it into a beautiful work of art. It's absolutely perfect! One of our favorite things in his room."
- Britney"The picture Rhonda made for me of my sweet puppy is perfect. The time she puts into her art and the detail is incredible. You will not be disappointed!"
- Trisha"For Christmas this year, Rhonda drew a portrait of my family's cat, which I gave to my sister. It was excellently done, and it was certainly the highlight of the holidays. I definitely recommend Rhonda, as she puts so much time and effort into her art. You will not be disappointed!"
"The art piece turned out beautiful and well beyond my expectations! I would definitely recommend Rhonda to anyone! Thank you, thank you! So happy!"
- Tennille"She did an amazing job on my Christmas present from my mom. The care and detail she put into it was phenomenal. She is extremely talented and I would recommend her to anyone that asks! You most certainly won't be disappointed at all. Thank you so much Rhonda for the beautiful picture of my dogs!!"
- Jen"I cannot begin to thank you enough for the stunningly beautiful portrait you did of Loki. Your love of animals certainly shines through in your work. You are so incredibly talented."
- Lynn"Rhonda did a portrait of our 13 year old Shih Tzu / Bichon Frise mix. I was blown away at the perfect likeness of our dog. She captured our dog perfectly. We will cherish her portrait forever. Amazingly talented lady. Thank you Rhonda!"
- Anna"Rhonda did an amazing dolphin art piece for me. I absolutely love it! I have yet to frame it, but it is going to look beautiful on my wall. Her passion and skill for drawing is clearly visible in her work. I've looked at many of her pieces and I'm amazed at them all. Absolutely beautiful. You won't be disappointed! Thank you again Rhonda for my amazing dolphin picture."
Do you have a question that is not answered below?
Send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are your portraits handmade?
Yes, my portraits are handmade, using artist grade mediums and acid-free materials.How long does it take you to complete a portrait?
I complete portraits on a first come, first served basis. Typically, they take 3-6 weeks to finish, depending on the size of the portrait and the number of portraits currently booked in my calendar. An estimated delivery date is provided at the time of ordering.Can I request a specific delivery date?
Delivery dates are booked on a first come, first served basis; however, if you require a specific delivery date, please include the date in the additional information section of the order form and I will do my best to accommodate your request.What portrait sizes are available?
Portraits are available in several standard picture frame sizes. This allows you to use a store-bought frame or to pay someone to have it custom framed, depending on your budget.How many subjects can be included in one portrait?
1-2 subjects, depending on the portrait size. For details, please visit the prices section.How do you create portraits with multiple subjects?
I use design software to combine the reference photos, creating a rough draft of the layout I intend to use. After the client approves the rough draft, I transfer the layout to my drawing surface.Can you make a portrait of any animal?
Yes, I accept commissions for all kinds of wild and domestic animals.Are my reference photos good enough?
I require high-resolution photos with lots of detail and good lighting. To achieve a high degree of realism, I often combine the best elements from several photographs. I will let you know if your reference photos are not suitable, so better ones can be taken.How can I take better photos?
If possible, take your photos outside with the sun behind you. Get on eye level with the subject and use a treat or toy to get their attention. You may find it helpful to have a friend assist you. Don't worry about the background, as I will remove it when I begin working on your portrait.Can I use someone else's photo?
Yes, but only if the photographer gave you written permission to use it, or if the image was found on a copyright-free website, such as Pixabay or Unsplash.Are your images and artwork copyrighted?
Yes, I retain full copyright to any and all images and artwork and reserve the right to use any and all images and artwork for promotional and/or commercial purposes. Commissioned artwork is for personal use only and may not be reproduced in any way or used for commercial purposes without my written permission.Are your portraits framed?
No, my portraits are not framed. This allows them to be handled safely during shipping.What kind of frame would you recommend?
I would recommend an acid-free matted frame, one that is a size larger than the actual portrait. For example, an 8"x10" portrait will fit nicely into an 11"x14" matted frame. Remember to hang it away from direct sunlight, in a cool and dry indoor location to prevent damage.
How does the ordering process work?
Please visit the process section where I explain the 5 stages of the ordering process.What do your portraits cost?
My portraits vary in price, depending on size, medium and number of subjects. For details, please visit the prices section.What methods of payment do you accept?
I accept Interac e-Transfer payments.How many payments will I make?
The portrait price is divided into two equal, non-refundable payments that are invoiced separately.How do I make a payment?
You can make a payment using the link e-mailed to you with your invoice.When is each payment due?
The non-refundable 50% deposit is due before I start your portrait. The remaining non-refundable 50% payment is due after I finish your portrait.How many invoices will I receive?
You will receive two separate invoices, one for each non-refundable 50% payment.When will I receive my first invoice?
You will receive your first invoice to pay the non-refundable 50% deposit after I approve the reference photos. When it has been paid, I will book your portrait in my calendar.When will I receive my second invoice?
You will receive your second invoice to pay the remaining non-refundable 50% after you approve the completed portrait. When it has been paid, I will ship the portrait to you.Can I cancel my order?
Yes, you can cancel your order at any time, but payments already made are non-refundable.Do you offer returns or refunds?
No, I do not offer returns or refunds, due to the highly personal and customized nature of my work. However, I do provide several in-progress photos for your approval. This allows minor adjustments to be made as the work progresses, to ensure your satisfaction.Do you offer free shipping or local delivery?
Yes, free shipping is available anywhere in Canada. I also provide local delivery for addresses within Oxford County and the surrounding area.What shipping company do you use?
I use Canada Post to ship my portraits. All shipments are insured for the full value of the portrait, a tracking number is provided and a signature is required upon delivery.When can I expect to receive my portrait?
After final payment, you can expect to receive your portrait in 5-10 business days.How are your portraits packaged for shipping?
I use several layers of protection when packaging my portraits for shipping. They are sealed inside poly envelopes to prevent water damage, surrounded by foam board to prevent punctures and enclosed in rigid cardboard mailers to prevent bending.
The 5 stages of the ordering process are explained below.
Visit frequently asked questions for more information.
1) once i approve your reference photos, you will receive an e-mail with an estimated delivery date and an invoice for the first non-refundable 50% payment. after payment, your portrait will be booked in my calendar.
2) at the scheduled time, i will begin work on your portrait. using design software, i will remove the background from your reference photos to create a rough draft of the layout i plan to use.
3) when the rough draft is finished, you will receive an e-mail with a copy of the layout, for approval. once approved, i will transfer the layout to my drawing surface and pencil in the main details.
4) as fine details are added, in-progress photos are sent to you regularly for approval. minor adjustments are made, based on your feedback, to ensure your satisfaction.
5) once you approve the completed portrait, you will receive an e-mail with an invoice for the second non-refundable 50% payment. after payment, your portrait will be carefully packaged and shipped to you.
Please complete the order form below and attach your photos.
I will e-mail an estimated delivery date and invoice shortly.